copper sulfate is widely used in mineral processing for various purposes:
1. Activator: Enhances the floatability of minerals like sphalerite and pyrite in the flotation process.
2. Depressant: Inhibits the flotation of certain minerals, promoting the separation of desired minerals.
3. pH Modifier: Controls acidity/alkalinity to optimize surface properties of minerals for flotation.
4. Electrolyte: Used in copper electrorefining to purify copper by electrolysis.
5. Catalyst: Speeds up chemical reactions, aiding in mineral separation.
6. Dye and Tracer: Used in studies to track mineral behavior during processing.
Safety precautions should be followed due to its toxicity to aquatic life and potential harm to skin and eyes. Compliance with regulations ensures responsible use.